Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Craftin Desert Divas September Release Day 2: Timber!

Hello Everyone It's Cheryl with the CDD Design Team and welcome to Craftin Desert Divas' Day 2 of the September release! I've created a fun shaker bookmark page for my mini happy planner using the new Timber stamp set and the Fall Borders die!

First I stamped the images using black dye inks and then colored them in with alcohol markers. Then I fussy cut all of the images. Next, I die cut some patterned card stock using the trees border from the new Fall Borders die set. I also used the small circle from the Stitched In Circle Dies to cut out some white card stock so I could stamp the sentiment "thankful".


Then I cut some yellow card stock to use as a backing for the portions of the bookmark that wouldn't have any sequins. For the portions with sequins I cut out some acetate to keep the image centered in it's section and so the sequins stay behind the images. I used a tape runner to adhere the stamped images onto each backing.

Next, I prepped a photo sleeve with a photo fusing tool to 7" tall and about 4.5" wide. Now time for the fun part! I slipped in the lumberjack image and fused the top edge all the way across the sleeve. Then I added some Sweetness Sequins and used the fuse tool to seal up the left edge. Then I slipped in the Fox in the pumpkin image and fused the side.



Next, I worked on the top and used the same approach as I did for the bottom, only fusing the bottom edges instead. Then I slipped in the tree border in the center row, and then fused the entire left edge. Lastly I trimmed the excess photo sleeve on the left side but left just a little bit of plastic to add some washi tape, then I hole punched the washi tape and Voila! :D


Tips: For a mini happy planner bookmark each row should be approximately 4" wide. Leave a little wiggle room for the fused edges. 

I hope you are enjoying the September release! There's so much more fun and cuteness is headed your way! 


Products Used:

http://craftindesertdivas.com/stitched-in-circle-dies/






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Your Birthday- Now Make a Wish! :P

Hi Friends! Here's another project as a Guest Designer for Penguin Palace ! Today's project uses the amazing 360 Degree Stencil! It&...