Monday, February 19, 2018

Glittery Cake Planner Clips!

Hello Crafty friends! I'm here to share how I made these super adorable planner clips using some digital stamps from Craftin Desert Divas! First I must say, the new series of cake digis are amazingly chic! I must get them all!!!!


I inserted the digis into silhoutte studio, but you can also import them into MS Word to print them out. I imported two of each image and flipped one of them horizontally so that it would be a mirror image of the original. For the deer and unicorn digi I sized them to about 1.9" tall, the bumble bee and fox were about 1.7" tall.


After printing the images, I cut them out on my silhoutte portrait, but you can do this by hand. I also created a cutfile with a larger offset for the glitter background. 

Cutting by hand: 
You can do this by hand as well. For the actual digis, you can cut them out individually, however if you're doing the glitter paper by hand, I'd stack the glitter cardstcok back to back, adhere (repositionable adhesive if you have that on hand) one of the die-cut images onto the glitter paper and then cut the outline.

After cutting out the images, I colored the images using copic markers. Then I ran the colored images through my xyron sticker maker (you can use any glue you like) and adhered the images onto it's corresponding glitter background. Next, I glue the paper clip onto the glitter cardstock with a generous amount of glue. I like Beacon advanced Craft glue, it has a bit of a strong smell so I'd suggest making sure your'e in a well ventilated room while using it! 

This step is optional, but it'll make the planner clip look smoother and avoid having a bump where your paper clip is, it also double duties as the adhesive for the other side of the planner clip.  I applied one layer of foam tape on the back of the image, I also stuck any extra foam tape in the middle of the image.

Then I stick the mirrored image onto the back of the planner clip, carefully aligning it with the other side and there you have it! :) I made four of them with my favorite of the Craftin Desert Divas Cake Digis!!!


Products Used:














No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Your Birthday- Now Make a Wish! :P

Hi Friends! Here's another project as a Guest Designer for Penguin Palace ! Today's project uses the amazing 360 Degree Stencil! It&...