Wednesday, October 18, 2017

My favorite Crafty Things!!!!

Hello Crafty Friends! I'm here to share some of my favorite crafty things that I use for my planner layouts! Of course my most favorite crafty items are STAMPS, but I'll share a few essential items that I use regularly in my planner layouts!



Sticker Paper - planner pages can't take certain coloring mediums so it's always safest to stamp onto sticker paper, color, then fussy cut. (Sorry no picture since it just looks like a piece of paper! :P)

Fiskars Swivel blade cutting tool -before I got a electronic cutter to fussy cut my stamped images, I used this cutting tool to fussy cut my images. It works really well for sticker paper! It's so much faster than using scissors! It's as simple and fast as tracing an image, but requires a lot of pressure for cardstock. You can find this cutter at most craft stores with their cutting tools. It's pretty cheap too!


Brush pens - I'm a big fan of brush lettering and try to use it in my layouts when I can.


Distress Inks - distress inks are so fun to use in planner pages and I love how you can add a lot of colors, even dark ones, and it doesn't bleed or shadow on the other side of the page. I have tried to add droplets of water to activate the inks, with a very light hand and a quick blot you won't cause any damage to your planner page. ;)  I also love that the color is build-able so you can create a gradient or air brush effect.


Washi Tape - I think washi tape is an essential item for planner decorating! But beware of the slippery slope! it's addictive! Sometimes I let washi tape drive the colors I use which is great because I can be so indecisive! Washi tape is great for adding accents to the paper and great for making dividers and covering up mistakes too!


Putting it all together:

First I stamped out the cuties from the Weather Gnomes clear stamp set onto sticker paper and then I fussy cut the images using the swivel blade cutting tool.
Then I wrote in the month and letters for the days of the week using brush pens:

 Next I used distress inks to create a night and day sky effect, if you're new to distress inks, here's an example of building the color. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't look great at first! Just keep building the colors and I promise it'll look great! It's a good idea to mask or somehow isolate the areas you want colored. I made an oopsies and got some ink on the left page :X


Then I added some washi tape to the bottom of the left sheet to cover up some of the white space I had:



Here's the completed layout! I hope you found this post informative and inspires you to try something new for your planner layouts! 



Products Used:

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-82m8kcw/products/1412/images/6457/Weather_Gnomes__70165.1505876194.500.750.png?c=2

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Your Birthday- Now Make a Wish! :P

Hi Friends! Here's another project as a Guest Designer for Penguin Palace ! Today's project uses the amazing 360 Degree Stencil! It&...