Tuesday, June 26, 2018

One Layer Card


Hi There! I wanted to share a One-Layer card design using the Yeti & Penguin from the "Brewed with Love" clear stamp! :)


First, I stamped the image onto card stock. Then, I stamped the same image onto a post-it note to create a mask. I fussy cut the image on the post-it note using a swivel blade cutter.


 Next, I used the circle die from the "Stitched in Circle" Die set and created a large circle stencil with regular printer paper.

Step-by-step instructions on creating the circle background: 
1) Cover the stamped image on the card stock with the post-it mask, then overlay the circle stencil over the image.
2) Using a foam blender, apply Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink to the center of the image.
3) Using a foam blender, apply Peacock Feather Distress Oxide ink to the upper and lower parts of the circle. Keep applying the colors until desired color saturation.
4) Add/Spray water and quickly dab with a paper towel to get a speckle effect.



Now the fun part! The reveal after removing the stencil and the mask! 

I felt the card needed a little bit more so I created a star stencil using printer paper and the little star from the "Mix it Up" die set. Placed the stencil where I'd like to have a star and used a foam blender to apply some Peacock Feather Distress Oxide ink.


I colored the Yeti and the Penguin in with colored pencils and added some Key-Lime Nuvo Jewel drops and there you have it!




Products Used:

http://craftindesertdivas.com/brewed-with-love/








No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Your Birthday- Now Make a Wish! :P

Hi Friends! Here's another project as a Guest Designer for Penguin Palace ! Today's project uses the amazing 360 Degree Stencil! It&...